The organic hemp flour UAB “BORELA” is produced only from certified hemp grain grown on organic Baltics (EU) farms. Only the highest category raw materials that have been verified for possible microbiological and chemical contamination are selected processing.
Hemp flour is intended to be used as a replacement for part of the common flour in cooking, giving additional nutritional value and taste to a dish.
The nutrition and health characteristics of the organic hemp flour are as follows:
1. It is low in sugar, very low in sodium/salt, and high in fiber, protein, vitamin D, vitamin E, and is a source of omega-3 fatty acids as well as being high in unsaturated fat;
2. Protein contributes to the growth and preservation of muscle mass, while also contributing to the maintenance of normal bones;
3. The replacement of saturated fat with ALA, linoleic acid and unsaturated fat in food contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels (the beneficial effect can be obtained with a daily intake of 2 g of ALA / 10 g of linoleic acid, as well as mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fatty acids that are unsaturated fats);
4. The reduced sodium consumption contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure;
5. Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels, is important for the absorption of calcium and phosphorus and (or) their uptake, the maintenance of normal bone and dental health and muscle functions, the proper functioning of the immune system, and has a role in the process of cell division;
6. Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.